EXCERPT FROM “LIST OF INHABITANTS OF COLONIAL NEW YORK”
From the Documentary History of the State of New York by Edmund Bailey O’Callaghan
Published by Genealogical Publishing Co, Inc, Baltimore. April 1663; In the Spotted Cow.
- Hendrick Corneliss, from New Netherland
- Staes de Groot, from Tricht
- Elje Barents, the Wife of Adam Bremen, and servant girl
- Jan Lourens, from Schonder Woort, and Wife and two children
- Theunis Bastiaensen Cool, and child.
- Jan Bastiaensen, from Leerdam, and Wife and four children
- Giel Bastiaensen, from Leerdam, and Wife and four children
- Gerrit Jans, from Arnhem, and Wife and Brother-in-Law, Arnoldus Willems,
- Joris Adraaiaensen, from Leerdam
- Peter Matthysen, from Limborgh
- Jan Boerhans
- Lammert Jansen Dorlant
- Gerrit Verbeeck
- Grietje Gerrits, the Wife of Dirck Jansen, and two children
- Adriaen Jansen Honink from Well, and Wife and four children
- Hans Jacob Sardingh
- Juriaen Tomassen, from Rypen
- Jan Laurens, from Rypen
- Jan Otto van Teyl, and Wife and child
- Matthys Bastiaensen vander Peich, and daughter
- Marytje Theunis van Beest
- Jerome Bovie, and Pays de Vaud, and Wife and five children
- David de Marist, from Picardy, and Wife and four children
- Pierre Niu, from the Pays de Vaud, and Wife, sucking child and sister.
- Jean Mesurole, from Picardy, and Wife and sucking child
- Jean Arien, from Monpellier, and Wife and child(removed to the Islands)
- Martin Renare, from Picardy, and Wife and child
- Jacob Kerve, from Leyden, and Wife
- Pierre Parmentie, from Pays de Vaud, and Wife and son.
- Joost Houpleine, from Flanders, and wife and son
- Joost Houpleine, Junior, and Wife and sucking child
- Guilliam Goffou, from Sweden.
- Moillart Journay, from Pays de vaud
- Pierre Richard, from Paris
The above is from the chapter entitled EARLY IMMIGRANTS TO NEW NETHERLAND 1657-1664 and is on pages 172 and 173.